Anything is Possible

Tuesday, April 9, 2013
This has been a sad week indeed. We lost three women I held in high regard. Margaret Thatcher for obvious reasons; she was the IRON Lady after all; Annette Funicello because, heck, everyone loved sweet Annette and Lilly Pulitzer because I loved her casual fun style and her message that "anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink". These three women impacted my life in very different ways. Of the three, I will miss Lilly the most and I dont even care if that makes me shallow.
 Lilly and Peter (the cad) on the beach
Lilly in one of her iconic shifts.

Lilly in 2004


I discovered Lilly Pulitzer (Pull-itzer, not Pew- litzer) fashions in Palm Beach on vacation in the 80's but it would be several years before I would have the nerve to wear such vibrant colors. Now it seems I positively live in them once Spring hits! It is impossible to be in a sour mood when you wear a Lilly print. Plain and simple, they just make you smile and feel good! I think we ought to have a national Lilly Day where everyone wears at least some little thing thats pink :D




0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.