Maybe a Stick of Dynomite....

Friday, March 8, 2013
Am I the only person who needs a kitchen version of the jaws of life to open things when I get home from the grocery store? Mercy goodness, Its getting to the point that when Im unloading groceries, panic strikes when I pull something out that has a protective gizmo and no instructions as to how to open the darn thing, like foaming soap for crying out loud.

Last night while taking a shower I shaved my legs as usual and then realized the protective razor cover was still on! I couldn't get the darn thing off to save my life. It had "on" "off" printed on the top with arrows but try as I might the cover wouldn't budge. I guess maybe it was supposed to slide, exposing the blade but I couldn't get it to move; not one iota! As soon as I got out, the entire bag of unused razors went into the box for the shelter. Perhaps some needy hairy person can figure the silly things out. 

If these things happened only occasionally, I would merely be frustrated, but its something just about every day! Why, its a rarity when I can even twist the top off a bottle of water without the nutcracker I inherited from my sweet mother-in-law! Yes, she taught me a few tricks like the nutcracker and sticking a church key under a jar top to pop the seal. See, Im not the only one who doesn't have he-man hands.

Why do manufacturers over package products to the point that when you finally gain access, you have lost all interest in whats inside, except to hurl it across the room or stomp it to bits? If its "child-proofing" then something is terrible wrong with mothers of young children who allow them around such hazardous things as CD's and foaming hand soap! Heck, between those things and jars, occasionally I feel like that Meals on Wheels commercial where the poor old lady gets so tired of fooling with with the blasted can opener she stumbles off to bed hungry....... only I'd call Neiman's to see if they might deliver one of those lovely trays with the pineapple fruit salad boats and a ginormous piece of cake inside. A girl needs to have a 'plan B', yall.

2 comments:

  1. Once again you made me chuckle...and I have the same problem with the "child-proof" stuff. Personally I think it's a mad plot to make me crazier then I already am. I have a jar opening thingy that helps and an old-fashioned can opener like the ones we needed before pop-tops that I use for prying lids off jars. I LOVE your plan "B".

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.