Put Your Left Foot In..........

Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Friday night Reagan and Melissa came over for dinner and a visit. He has been working 7 days a week in Houston so its been a few weeks since I have seen him! It occurs to me that I would not have fared well being a mom before cell phones and Facebook!

I had a busy day that started early with Friday Yoga then dashing down to Market Street where I had volunteered to help in their culinary school for a ladies literary club cooking class. Anyway, after yoga and running around the classroom for 3 hours I was pretty much ready to slip off the raft.

The class was good and the menu appealing. We started off with tortilla soup, then a southwest salad with chili vinaigrette, chicken and citrus slaw tostadas, and finally a sopapilla cheesecake! The time flew by and boy was I tickled when it came time for the 3 volunteers to grab a plate! The other volunteers were an elderly Catholic couple. They don't eat meat during Lent and I don't eat any either, if I can help it, so needless to say there was a lot of chicken leftover! The soup, salad and slaw were yummy without it. Since Im not a son-uva-bitch about cheesecake, I passed on that, as well.

At least I was armed with a dinner idea for Reagan and Melissa. I made the chicken and citrus slaw with jicama. It was very easy to pull together with a rotisserie chicken. The French bread and Argentinian wine rounded out the meal. The best part is that I froze the leftover chicken and plan to make Gary a stir fry when he comes in Friday night! Sometimes my brain actually plans ahead like that! Not often, but occasionally.

It was a fun evening of wedding talk and listening to the songs for 'mother son' and 'father daughter' dances. The problem as I see it is going to be all the tears shed. My make-up is going to end up in a puddle on the floor! Im thinkin instead of such sentimental songs perhaps we ought to just do the Hokey Pokey!

3 comments:

  1. I think the Hokey Pokey would be very appropriate! It would for me in the same situation...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring a makeup artist to touch you up every hour or so.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.