A Good Southern Woman

Saturday, March 23, 2013
Contrary to many things that define a good Southern woman, such as a love of shopping and buffets, I consider myself to be exactly that. I was raised to be a little bit prissy, with good manners and grammar (colloquialisms do not count, yall). I learned to flirt before learning to walk and have it down to a fine art, just ask Sister. I am strong willed and pride myself on not really needing any help or maybe just hating to admit when I do need a little help..... like opening those blasted jars.

Southern foods like greens and beans and cornbread cant be beat and I never met a grit I didn't like; especially if it has a few BBQ shrimp on top! Fried green tomatoes with remoulade sauce, sweet potatoes and fried catfish are my idea of a great 'cheat day'! Pound cake can be considered a breakfast food and Tobasco makes everything "mo bettah".

It seems Im always fixin to do something and I hate to admit I have (on more than one occasion) been "drunker than Cooter Brown". Never met Cooter but Im sure he is a nice enough fella. I have been guilty of having hissy fits and telling my boys to "quit actin ugly" and to "hush up". Im always ready to go to the "show" and frequently get things from the "ice box". 

I reckon I've had more than my fair share of pie. Even though Im not a son-uva-bitch about meat I do love good cream gravy on my biscuits. I love sweet tea and cant imagine anyone drinking it, or coffee straight up! Just the thought of it makes me pucker. Cokes are not my thing; none of them and its pretty much always julep season! 

Everyone needs their heart blessed, yall. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blogs Karen. You are so wonderful and I am so-o-o blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Debbie! I feel the same way! Always remember our Albuquerque horsey days fondly and boy could we ever get into some mischief :D

      Delete

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.