Sugarplum Crazy........

Friday, December 14, 2012
Christmas can sure be a mixed bag of emotions. There is just too much going on this time of year, making it hard for any sane person to keep their wits about them. Why, I feel like I spend most of my days chasing my tail, not really accomplishing much of anything.  I thought I'd never get those presents wrapped and under the tree and whats worse, I didn't seem to care! Sometimes I just have to wait till the spirit moves me and that can be a mighty long wait. Gone are the days when I would use white paper, write names in glue and apply sequins with tweezers. Sheesh 

I guess we could all use a little help. Occasionally I roam around this big ol house noticing things that need tending to and then a couple of days later I see the same things again when it suddenly occurs to me that I am the one who needs to tend to them. That must be left over from childhood memories when Mom used to take care of things. Somehow I still haven't gotten used to the buck stopping with me, darnit. 

At Christmas time I could sure use an extra pair of hands to help get things done around here as well as bounce ideas off of. Like what to fix for Christmas Eve dinner. Last year's tamales were such a bust that I vowed not to fix them again but just today Fed Ex brought 3 dozen and Gary told me he ordered bean tamales from a lady he works with so by golly, I guess we will be having tamales! 

I love playing silly games after dinner on Christmas Eve, too. Thanks to  L  (Noel) Cocktails we are relaxed and in good cheer by then, no matter how awful dinner is. Why, last year we all laughed till we fell over playing that Asian (Chinese) crazy gift exchange and this year Im adding Hispanic (Mexican) Train Dominos! Im hoping for the same fun time this year, too.

Sitting in here looking at the tree, listening to Christmas music makes me nostalgic. I start thinking about Christmas times, back when we were kids. I remember in the 2nd grade (I think) reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and for a very long time wondering how someone "threw up the sash" and how painful that must have been!  

One of my favorite carols was "Angels We Have Heard On High" even though the words didn't seem to make much sense to me, especially when the chorus sings "cranberry sauce and mayo". I wondered what in the world those angels were doing mixing them together and then singing about it! 

And last but not least, I always loved the Bible story of Daniel and how he interpreted the dreams of Nebuchadnezzar in Babylon. There was Shadrach, Meshach and a bad negro all walking out of the fiery furnace. I felt that surely to goodness he was misunderstood and just knew he didn't mean to be bad.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.