Lordy Lordy am I Ever Thankful

Sunday, November 25, 2012
Ah, Thanksgiving is over and now we march our expanded girths on toward Christmas. I declare its become a race to see who can spend the most money the quickest! Personally, I prefer to shop right here in my jammies, in the library, online. That way Im not bombarded by grumpy sales clerks and rabid shoppers jostling for position, coughing, sneezing and worse.

This Thanksgiving I found myself being more thankful than usual. Thankful that the explosion at Reagan's work didn't kill him and he only suffered from debris in his eyes and emotional trauma. And of course I am always thankful for my small but nonetheless incredible and supportive family and so many sweet wonderful friends, but this year I am thankful for the less obvious things, too.

Like, Im thankful that Gary makes me laugh every time he is home, which is just twice a month. We try and pack a lot of fun into those two weekends though. Im always happy to be reminded that he is possibly even more of an animal and dessert lover than I am. Why, his love of sugar positively leaves me in awe. And Im very thankful neither of us care to prance around nekkid. If we did, Im thinking we would need to move from conservative Texas to a more liberal-minded place. 

It has recently come to my attention that you can run around stark nekkid in San Francisco, Montpelier, Vermont and in Ashland, Oregon, too. I happened to see a news story about San Francisco where they showed several men casually strolling down the street, appearing to window shop, buck nekkid. No women were doing this, as far as I could tell, only men. Hmmmmmmm 

I am currently reading a book written by Sandra Bullock's sister, Gesine. She is a lawyer turned pastry chef who used to have a confectionary in Montpelier. In the book she mentions the nekkid men she sometimes ran into on the street, figuratively speaking of course. The thought occurred to me that perhaps this contributed to her decision to sell the confectionary after a few short years. I hafta say that would have a negative impact on me for sure, but she had lived in LA for a good long while, so you might think she would be accustomed to random odd behavior.  Again, there never seem to be any women doing this; not on the news or mentioned in the book. Why, it would unnerve me to no end to be walking around the McKinney Square and see nekkid men just hanging out. We have a darling little coffee shop, Snug On The Square where regular clothes wearing people gather. Occasionally there are book signings, folks playing guitars and singing and I just cant imagine how disruptive it would be to have something like that jiggling in for a cup of coffee.

I hafta say just knowing this is legal and is actually happening piqued my curiosity. Suddenly my mind is reeling and Im wondering what in the world could have happened in these people's past to make them want to inflict their nekkidness on those Innocent folks out trying to have an enjoyable day. If its freedom of expression they are after, why cant they just paint a picture or wear a goofy hat? Oh well, Im just thankful it doesn't run in my family!



0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.