Ho Hummmmm Oscars

Monday, February 25, 2013
I could tell by Facebook that Im not alone in thinking the Oscars were tacky and boring. Seth Macfarlane was not funny or the least bit entertaining in my book. Granted he is a talented guy but he lost me during his song about "boobs". How tacky and juvenile, much like his TV shows (from what little I know).

The orchestra played so loudly I could scarcely make out what the performers were singing about! I tried to read Nora Jones' lips to no avail. Adele usually has such a strong voice and she was hard to hear, too. Shirley Bassey and Barbara Streisand were slightly easier to hear but they were earlier in the show, not that that should have anything to do with it. For a while I thought my hearing was going.

All the seamstresses must have been on strike because I was hard pressed to see a woman in a dress that even fit, much less flattered. With all the ill fitting and wrinkled gowns on display, I guess Hollywood was without irons and mirrors, too. Jane Fonda looked amazing but I needed my sunglasses just to watch her walk haltingly across the stage. Must be that new hip giving her trouble. Lots of the men didn't seem to get fitted for their tuxedos either.  Oh well.....

But while Im on the subject; lord have mercy, if I had known Brandi Glanville was going to be there it would have served me well to buy stock in Duct Tape. She must have used rolls of the stuff just to keep that dress up! But again, far be it from me to criticize these women. They were invited and I wasn't. On a positive note, I liked what Bradley Cooper's mom told Kristin Chenoweth when asked 'who' she was wearing! She said she didn't know because it was something she just pulled out of her closet. She looked better than many of the stars!

0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.