Whats Your Pup Thinkin?

Monday, January 21, 2013
I swear, Gary is always making the craziest statements like "Jackson Brown is depressed". I usually say "he's fine, look, he's waggin his tail". "No, he's depressed alright". The next statement is the reason Jackson Brown is depressed. Something like "He thinks Im ignoring him and spending too much time playing with the others". I usually say "he'll get over it at dinner time".

If I question him further he will tell me he is "kinestic". Yes, I know. Gary was blessed with his very own vocabulary. I sometimes worry because I know what he means. Rather, let me say I know what he is trying to convey, which frightens me a little bit sometimes. He KNOWS intuitively what the pups are thinking and feeling. I would say sort of like Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisperer), only Gary is not much in the way of a teacher or trainer. His way of scolding the pups when they are doing something bad is to say "lets not do that, OK?" Seriously, he is the furthest thing from a pack leader. I hate to say that job falls to me because he doesn't want to be the 'bad guy'.  

One might think he is nuts but let me tell you, most times he really does know what is going on with them. Not that they are depressed but what they want at any given time. Whereas, I work more on a schedule as far as taking them out and feeding them goes. I dont try to 'feel' when they need to pee. I usually wait till they come and get me or bark at the door. Silly me. I bet though pretty much any pup will go outside anytime you get up and open the door and the same with a 'cookie'. Heck, no one has to read my mind to know I would love a cookie! 

I think whats really going on here is a case of transference: Transference is a phenomenon characterized by unconscious redirection of feelings from one person to another (or pup). 

But until there is a therapist that works with people AND their pups, Im going to let it go and just love him anyway...

0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.