Its HighTime

Thursday, January 3, 2013
I know its a brand New Year and thats reason enough to get tooted up but Im referring to "high time" as in "what took you so long". In other words; get with the program! People who know me, know that even though Im an early riser, I am a late bloomer. Things usually occur to me long AFTER the fact. Practically all my life I seem to have been a day late and a dollar short. I 'get' the joke the next day, type of thing. Naive and optimistic I prefer to call myself, but I truly know I am oblivious to many things. Careening out of control down the highway of life; yep, that about sums me up. Only difference is that now its more of a 'mosey out of control'.

Well, my 2013 resolution is to live fearlessly with a capital F! It will have to be in my own time though; which I have been told is rather poky. Thats OK, I dont need to be the first lemming off the cliff but I'm at least going to attempt to figure out my new phone and update my iMac. I put these things off as long as I can because...well...I scared. Mama loved this sort of stuff. She was fearless with all things mechanical and no doubt would have mastered computers and these blasted cell phones with unmatched skill and bravado. I remember as a child watching in utter amazement as she fixed the TV and dismantled the Hoover's innards right in the middle of the living room floor, all the while sipping a cocktail and smoking a cigarette. She was a multi-tasker before the term was even invented! Unfortunately, I didn't inherit that skill set. Heck, I dont even think I inherited the desire.

Gary got us both new iPhone 5's for Christmas, so naturally everything is different. I had my iPhone 3 for 2 years and still wasn't sure what all it could do and thats just fine by me. I would have been happy with an iPhone 4 but Gary insisted we get the newest version. This phone is making me crazy! I am trying my hardest, but mercy goodness, it cant even 'sinc' up with iTunes anymore, my apps have all disappeared, and my Bluetooth no longer works because it says I need a password? My Bluetooth never had a password that I was aware of. Why, I went to my bank and asked about that deal where you take a picture of your check and its magically deposited. The nice fella was trying to walk me thru the process but my user name and password didn't work for that either. They had to send me some random number via text later in the afternoon so I could "reset" yet another password. When will it end? I feel as if my life is password protected and Im locked out!

Come to think of it, it is high time for a cocktail.......

0 comments:

Search This Blog

About Me


Perky and always in a good mood much to the dismay of family members.

Follow Me

FacebookPinterestInstagramEmailRSS
Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.